Register a Student
Registration for kindergartners and incoming first graders takes place in the spring for the following September. Registration dates will be advertised in the media and on the school district website. Students must be 5 years old by SEPTEMBER 30 in order to register for kindergarten. Your child will also need to have a complete physical exam, or an appointment to have one, before starting school.
If you are new to the district and have a child with special needs or limited English proficiency, your child may be assigned to a magnet program in another school. However, children should be registered at their neighborhood schools.
For all new students - please bring the following documents on the day you register:
- Child’s birth certificate, I-94 or green card: Copies are acceptable
- Two (2) proofs of residence: Please refer to the Residency Affidavit, below
- Child's last well child exam and immunizations records: Available from your doctor's office, or ask your doctor to fill out the Physical Exam form below.
Use this checklist to help you gather the required documents. They can be completed ahead of time or on the day you register.
Please be aware that your school might require you to complete additional forms specific to that school.
- Student Enrollment Form: Complete all sections, except the “For Office Use Only” box. Please be sure to sign and date the bottom.
- Residency Affidavit: This is used to verify proof of address. Please be sure to sign and date the bottom.
- Home Language Survey: Please complete all sections.
- Student Health History: A comprehensive summary of previous and chronic health issues, including prenatal concerns, for the school nurse records. Please be sure to sign and date the bottom.
- Physical Exam Form: Every child is required to have a physical before entry to public school. If your child has had a physical within the last year, the doctor will complete this form based on those findings. Please make sure the child's immunization record is included. No child will be allowed to attend school without meeting the immunization and physical exam requirements. *
- Families whose living arrangements are temporary due to loss of housing or economic hardship should fill out the McKinney-Vento Residency Form
The following documents, also available below, are optional on the day you register:
- Medication and medical procedure form
- Communications release form
- COPPA form (Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule)
- Aspen Family Portal
* Vaccination exemptions: Please refer to Manchester School District Policy Students 142: Immunizations.